The System 1224 Course
IDCEC 0.1 CEU, AIA 1 LU | Elective, Canada Potential 1 Learning CreditRegister
This course will discuss System 1224, a modular, wall-mounted, and freestanding shelving system that has quickly become a modern classic in retail stores, hotels, offices, and other commercial applications. The system provides the perfect background for shelving, signage, space definition, and product display, while also providing hidden and accessible storage. With a range of design options in finishes such as fabric, metal, or wood panels, lightboxes, and power integration, these modular systems can be specified to match virtually any interior aesthetic. The course will examine the history of modular shelving systems and explore their components, design options, and applications.
- Examine the history of modular shelving systems and how modernism influenced their design.
- Identify the various components of today’s modular, wall- and floor-mounted shelving and storage and understand how the systems work.
- Discover the wide variety of options available for modular shelving systems, including lighting, the incorporation of graphics, and finishes.
- Explore case studies where modular, wall-mounted shelving systems were used in a variety of markets.
The Fortina Course
IDCEC 0.1 CEU HSW, Canada Potential 1 Learning Credit, AIA 1 LU | HSWRegister
Whether in wooden form perched above centuries-old Moroccan marketplaces or as extruded aluminum with a non-PVC film delicately delineating spaces, volume, and depth in Japanese architecture, louvers and slats provide architects and designers with myriad design solutions and contribute to sustainability goals. This Fortina course will review the use of louvers and slats in both historic and modern times while analyzing case studies and exploring design options, applications.
- Review how louvers have been used in architectural design, both historically and in modern architecture.
- Explore design options and applications for architectural louvers.
- Discover how architectural louvers can be used in sustainable design.
- Examine case studies where architectural louvers and slats were used to add aesthetic interest and define space.